Welcome to Naka Productions, Inc.
At Naka Productions, Inc., we are filmmakers and storytellers.
With every project, there is a story to be
told and a unique way to tell it. We strike a fine balance between
detailed planning – crucial to any production – and creativity and
Our approach is based on these principles:
- LISTENING to our clients and seeking the essence of the story: the humanity, the humor and the emotion.
- Taking risks.
- Stretching creative boundaries and
bringing the right and most effective approach to every
- Detailed organization, careful planning. Delivering on time
and on budget.
- Encouraging independent thought and producing projects that inspire and motivate.
Joan Armatrading is recording the primary narration for The Newport Effect on April 3 in London. Then, our documentary enters final post-production and audio post. The 2013 premiere will be announced soon. Stay tuned!
It has been a good year for recogntion.. From the Heart won an Emmy Award for Best Public Affairs Program, along with Emmy nominations for Editing & Videography, plus three Tellys - for Program, Editing & Videography.. Naka also won a Telly Award for a video produced for the Anne Springs Close Greenway.
Naka is grateful for the following opportunities in 2013:
- 3-part video series for eBay
- Web videos for Wells Fargo for the It Gets Better! campaign
- Marketing videos for Project Homecoming, featuring their great work rebuilding New Orleans
- Documenting tribal history of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribe
- Project Development for In Good Faith, a documentary with Dr. Orlan Svingen
We are seeking finishing funds for our Newport Folk Festival Documentary, The Newport Effect. Please click on the link below and join our ongoing fund raising effort! Thank you!
"You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have."
Featured Video Production
The Newport Effect: The History of the Newport Folk Festival
In 1959, a trio of visionaries- Pete Seeger, George Wein and Theo Bikel- created a musical phenomenon known as The Newport Folk Festival.
The Newport Effect celebrates over 50 years of musical excellence and honors the lasting impact of the festival. In post-production.
Please contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
Read More »